原因状语从句和地点状语从句

地点状语从句多由where或wherever引起:

Winters were very long where he lived.

在他住的地方冬天很长。

I’m standing where the brook and the river meet.

我站在小溪与大河汇合处。

He left the camera where it was.

他把相机留在原来的地方。

Wherever he went,he took her with him.

不管他到哪里,他都带着她。

Sleep wherever yon like.

你高兴在哪里睡就在哪里睡。

You can sit anywhere you like.

你爱坐哪就坐哪儿。

Everywhere I go,I find the same result.

不管我到哪里我都得到同样的结果。

2.原因状语从句:

You only do it because you have to.

你这样做只是因为不得不如此。

As he had been up since 4 a.m.,he was very tired.

由于他清晨四点就起床了,他十分疲倦。

He can’t come with us since he’s ill.

由于生病他不能和我们一道去。

Stay in bed longer today,seeing that you were late last night.

昨夜你睡得晚,你今天多睡一会儿。

Considering he’s only been learning English a year he speaks it very well.

考虑他学英语才一年,他英语是讲得很好的。

Now that you have the chance you had better avail yourself of it.

既然你现在有了机会,你最好加以利用。

下面这类句子中的从句也表示原因:

I’m glad that you are all safe.

我很高兴你们都安然无恙。

I’m proud that you had the thought.

你有这个想法我感到骄傲。

© 版权声明
THE END
喜欢就支持一下吧
点赞5 分享
评论 抢沙发

请登录后发表评论

    暂无评论内容